What is an online physiotherapy consultation?
It is when physiotherapy is provided from a distance using telecommunications software.
This can be accessed by patients on a variety of devices such as a telephone, laptop or PC.
What are the benefits of an on-line physiotherapy consultation?
- Convenience of access to physiotherapy from the comfort of your own home or office.
- Less time commuting as no travel time.
- Less expensive as you don’t have transport or parking costs.
- Access to specialist physiotherapy that geographically would be more challenging or impossible to avail of.
- Safer for people who are immunosuppressed.
- Reduced environmental impact.
On-line Physiotherapy consultation versus Face to Face?
Online physiotherapy cannot offer hands on treatment but the good news that research has
shown about online consultations versus face to face include:
- Diagnosis is as accurate online.
- Patients develop a greater internal locus of control and so develop the ability to self treat more often.
- There are similar outcomes long term.